Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Little About Me, The Golden Diva

I finally convinced my human to start a blog for me. I have so much to say, I can hardly stand it! She'll type, I'll speak. It works better that way. Where do I begin? I am a 2 year old Golden Diva that would do anything for a tennis ball. I've lived with these humans since I was 9 weeks old. The Mom says I'm her dog. I let her think that. My family consists of 5 humans, a rat (actually a Pomeranian) and my snotty little half brother. (We have the same dad, but different moms) I was loving life, ruling as queen over my house, and Mom decides that the little humans need their own dog. (the rat is Dad's, I'm Mom's) My trouble all began last Christmas when Mom left for a few hours. I had no idea that she was going to turn my life upside down. She brought home this barky, chewy, obnoxious little thing and had the nerve to say that he's my brother. "Teach your brother to be a good dog like you, Kona. Train your brother, Kona." I don't ever recall being asked if I wanted a brother. Now it's my job to civilize the runt? A Diva's job is never done.

That was about 6 months ago. The runt is now taller than me.His name is Takoda, but I prefer, snotty, annoying brother. I still outweigh him though, but that won't last. He's only 9 months old and very clumsy. Don't get me wrong. I love the guy, well... sometimes. He's good for playing with when I'm bored. I just don't like him when he takes my tennis ball, touches my soccer ball, tries to eat my food, steals pets from the humans that belong to me, and tries to act all cute when he's really a monster. Other than that he's okay. He's starting to learn though that this is MY HOUSE and I just let him live here. I'll save the tale about the "rat" for another day. Time to get some beauty sleep.....

Tail Wags,
Kona, the Golden Diva

2 comments:

Summerd said...

Cute! Who would have known that you two would complete eashother ;)

Pam Houps said...

Kona, that was a great story! Please tell your human that she needs to write a book with you as the author. Send more stories.

Love, Auntie Pam